Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Incredible Fall

Our weather has turned for good to the perfect fall weather we love here in Florida.   Morning temperatures have finally fallen to the 60s, and lower in some places; daytime highs range from 75-85 degrees.  And the humidity has finally dropped. 

Thus, I have been able to put more time into the gardens and have nearly finished the weeding, even tackling the vegetable garden.  Did I mention that the weeds and grass there are at least 3 feet high?  But I actually look forward now to getting out into the cool/warm air and enjoy what Mother Nature has provided.  So this blog is mostly photos of some of my plants that are again thriving.

The ti plant in bloom:





The dwarf powder puff exploding with their puffs:

 

The snow bush that has recovered so beautifully after its decimation:


A newly flowering bleeding heart plant that a friend gave me as a 4-inch seedling:






The other result of the change in weather has been my restoration of the nightly walks around the neighborhood.  I couldn't resist taking this photo of the golden rain tree in bloom.  There are many of the trees growing as singles in our community but this photo shows several that have blended their branches for a spectacular show:


Our area won't have leaves turning to their fall colors until probably December, and then it is a brief show because trees will shed their leaves by January to begin the new growth.  

I don't know if I will be adding or changing anything in my gardens yet.  I have several ideas but I need to think about them more.  Planting time will be February-March.  Look for another post about that time.

In the meantime, wishing you a Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment