Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Color all around

I can report all is well in my garden corner as the new plants settle in and begin new growth.  The calla lilies especially are standing tall and have new leaves and flowers (see below).



All of the rose bushes in the island are thriving and several blooming.  I planted a new bush today called Double Delight, which has a creamy white base and red-tipped petals.  That makes 10 bushes in the island, which is perfect for the space. 


Another plant I added to the island, though, is a Blue Daze (to the right and front of the fountain).  I love the contrast of blue flowers with the red and pink roses.  Below is a closeup of the new rose bush with the blue ground cover next to it:

I thought this would be the end of my planting this season, but I have discovered a small flowering tree that I would love to have somewhere in the yard.  It's common name is Yesterday-Today-and Tomorrow because its small flowers open as purple then gradually fade to pink and then white.  It has been grown successfully in Orlando according to another garden blog, so I am on the hunt, both for the tree and a site in my yard for it.

I'll let  you know if I'm successful with that.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment