Monday, August 16, 2010

Visions not always reality

The date of this blog tells you how long it has been since I've been able to get into my gardens.  I was working inside the house, preparing for a visit from my daughter and grandsons.  Karin spends a week with us each summer to give us grandparents more time with the boys, building memories for us all.  And it's a great time for me to have more one-on-one time with Karin. 

The last time I did any yard work was again pulling weeds (grasses) from the pool garden and pulling up the two tree-form bougainvilleas I had planted a few months ago.  The one in the back corner was completely overrun and devoured by some type of bug; the other just misplaced.  I hate making such errors in judgement when it comes to plants.  My visions don't always match the realities of growth.  Other new plants, like the snow on the mountain, however, are growing exactly as envisioned so I do sometimes succeed.

Despite the rain mentioned last time, our area is still in drought mode, being several inches short of the average rainfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment