Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's Spring!


There have been just enough warm days in the past 2 weeks to get me in the gardening mood.  Witness to that is the shopping I did at Lowe's Garden Center and South Brevard Nursery a week ago.

Although I didn't do much in the gardens over the winter, I spent quite a bit of time just pondering the garden spaces -- what was missing, what could/should be removed, what I could plant.

First was what could be removed.  Weeds always.  Then the blue wonder I added to the gardens last spring performed beautifully into the fall but had so overgrown their spaces by then they were no longer attractive and nearly overpowering the bushes.  I imagined the roots of all the plants were fighting for water and fertilizer.   So the blue wonder was the first to go. And in at least one area, I saw that there now was room for a snow-on-the-mountain bush.  The others I have been growing have done so well, I have high hopes.



 Above left is the full snow bush I hope to duplicate on the south garden with the new plant at right.  And I've added another in the garden behind the pool.  The view from the patio should be lovely in a year or two when the new plants are the same height and color.

Moving to the front of the house, I added a new rose bush, Double Delight, (right) to the rose garden, filling a space left after pulling out more blue wonder.  The scent is strong, a welcome addition to the other heavilyscented bushes.

Wanting more color closer to the house, I made use of the space left by removal of the dying boxwoods and planted different-color moss rose (portulaca) along the walkway.  I also added a shepherd's hook (left) for a hanging basket of impatiens.
 

I also planted my vegetable garden last week, with tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, and marigolds.  I'll have photos next time.

Happy Spring, everyone.    May flowers always bloom in your garden of life.

Anita

 

2 comments:

  1. I visited many blogs except the audio quality for audio songs
    current at this website is really excellent.

    my weblog quantrim diet pill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other type of juicer that you can get in the market is the juice extractor.
    Take your time and pick the best juice extractor that will suit your needs
    and enjoy the quality of juice it gives you. This juicer has
    two speeds of operation: 12,000RPM and 6,500RPM.

    Also visit my web site ... juiceman juicer at walmart

    ReplyDelete