Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anita's Garden Corner

"The Amen! of Nature is always a flower." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes


I come to the gardening life via both parents. My father loved trees and my mother flowers, especially roses. She had a garden of about 100 rose bushes. And my father surrounded our home in New Jersey with about 50 trees. Yet I didn't know I was similarly infected until my husband and I moved into our first home, in Virginia. Since that time, I have been driven to surround myself with colorful flowers and favorite vegetables to larger bushes and trees. Moving to Florida in 1980,however, brought quite a shock as the tropical weather posed new challenges for growing. This blog is the story of my garden life, with its challenges and results.  Let me know yours.  E-mail anitabrt@mindspring.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment